Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Favorite Outdoor Places

All in one week I got to hike and play on the beach.  ALL IN ONE WEEK.  Does anyone out there in the cyber world understand or even comprehend how awesome that is?  The major MAJOR downfall from this beautiful week was the fact that my Doodle, AKA Husband, was not able to be there for either.    Not only was Husband not there, I was there with 18 other junior high girls so... that could have something to do with it not being as relaxing as possible.  It would, in fact, have been one of the most glorious times of my life minus when I go meet Jesus in heaven, if my D could've been there.  But the adventures must go on, and we'll just say they were 75% perfect over this week.  Here are the highlights:


This is beautiful white sanded beaches of Seaside, FL and the Gulf of Mexico.  If you have not visited, seen a picture of, stepped on, felt, or rolled around on these beautiful beaches then I will just have to put out there that YOU HAVE NOT LIVED.  The Gulf Coast has the best sand in all of creation, and that's because God loves the South the best.  I'm just saying.  If you've been here, you will agree.

What else does the gulf coast have?  Hmmm.  Let's see...

Man-O-Wars!!!!!  You look at this as its laying on the beach and your like, "Oh, look at this cute, snuggly, brightly colored gob of goo."  Ok who am I kidding?  None of you probably did that, cause I sure as hell did not.  This thing is SCARY and to think that I was swimming in the water with it possibly blows my mind.  And on a serious note, creatures like this really make you see the creativity of God.  I mean seriously... Darwin, can you really look at this creature and think it just popped out of NOWHERE.  That's right, I just threatened Darwin.  In your face.

My second favorite place, in that order cause the beach is always my first love.  I'm a pirate and a parrothead, so it just wouldn't be true to my word if it wasn't my favorite.  But the second favorite thing I did was backpacking!!  I will shamedly admit it was my first ever backpacking trip which surprises everyone because I love the outdoors and hiking so much.  I'll describe the trip in 5 sentences:

1.  Got a new backpack that was awesome except for when it rubbed my skin off from the sunburn that I got from above trip.
2.  We were supposed to walk 7 miles to our campsite and added about 4 so we walked 11 miles in like 6 hours as we raced against the sunset.
3.  Mushroom Rock is the most beautiful rock EVER as it was our glorious landmark knowing we were only 10 minutes away from rest. 
4.  I need to get in better shape if I'm gonna backpack for 3 days.
5.  Rocks are slippery after it rains.

But it was hardcore.  And we pretended Paul was there.  Photos you might enjoy:

That's the beginning of the 11 mile journey in 6 hours.  But don't I look hardcore?

Here's me and Doodle (Husband if your not used to the name)

He lost ALOT of weight on the trip.... that's what Kashi bars, backpacking, and water will do to you.  And as hard as it was, it was awesome!!  There were even impromptu waterfalls....

Or I guess it wasn't impromptu so much as God knew it was going to rain and then it did and the ground was wet so it was easier for the water to gather and fall off of this cliff.  But let's not be too picky about the logistics of something that is "impromptu."  It's creative language.

Alright now that I've bored you with that ending and a super long blog I'm gonna peace out on this adventure.  "Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."



No comments: