So I thought about just starting the blog and pretending like it was no big deal that I had blogged for like all of last semester... but all of my devout readers (2 of you) already knew that I'm sure. So here's what I have to say for myself... can we say blogging new years resolution?
As I was sitting on the pot at one of my favorite coffee places... it's a coffee place so clearly all of you knew what I was doing right? The door doesn't lock very well so I was thinking to myself if someone were to knock on the door then I would say, "Someone's in here!" like normal people do. Then I was thinking, why do people say that? I mean someone's not in there... it's not just some random person... it's YOU. I mean when you say someone usually you are referring to someone you do not know (i even used that word in this sentence). It's like you're referring to some other person in the bathroom with you. Maybe an imaginary friend, or maybe someone really is in there with you. Do you think there is a magical bathroom fairy in every bathroom just so that we can use that phrase and be truthful?
After the few minutes I thought of all of this I could think of nothing better to say. If I said... "I'm in here!" It just sounds weird. Like the person on the other side of the door should know who I am. Kind of arrogant. If I said "Sara's in here!" Also would be weird. Referring to myself in third person... or like Sara was in the bathroom with me. I guess you could yell "OCCUPIED!" but that also just sounds so angry. I'll take suggestions, but as far as I'm concerned there must be a bathroom fairy in there and we are speaking on their behalf. With that, I salute you bathroom fairy for using us otherworlds to let you get some peace and quiet as you use the pot.
Also we wrapped Wallace up in lights while decorating the tree. He looks like he loves it doesn't he?
Happy new years? That's what he looks like he's saying... right Husband Doodle?
No comments:
Post a Comment