Listening to: The Weepies
Not listening to: Birds, Bees and Pretty Butterflies
Today as I was looking up cheezy praise songs, because high schoolers like those, I ran across this song titled, "Birds, Bees and Pretty Butterflies." (let's see how many times I can say that song title in this blog...). If you read my Twitter then you would already know this, but I just can't get over it. It's called BIRDS BEES AND PRETTY BUTTERFLIES. I even looked up the lyrics thinking, maybe JUST MAYBE, there is some theological good within the song, or something... but no.
Verse one:
Sunny days, moonlit nights, He created;
Puffy clouds, twinkling stars.
Lady bugs, a kitten's purr, He created;
The wind and rain, snowflakes too, He designed!
Birds, bees, and pretty butterflies,
God made them all.
Birds, bees, and pretty butterflies,
His gifts to share.
God made them all.
Birds, bees, and pretty butterflies,
His gifts to share.
Ok a kitten's purr? Really? Look I know that cat lovers exist in the world, but did Angela from the Office write this song? I mean. God created mountains and oceans and galaxies and eyeballs and the human body and how bout how He died for us. Out of all the things we could have thought of we thought of birds, bees and pretty butterflies to repeat? Come on Christian music. Get it together please.
Needless to say we are not singing this song in youth group tonight. Don't worry. We'll leave it to Indescribable to give us a description of creation and actually make us fall to our knees. Ok so maybe I listened to way too many cheezy Christian songs today... better listen to some dirty rap music so that my blood pressure settles and I get back to normal.
And exiting soap box. Thank you and good night.
1 comment:
you're ridiculous, sara.
Post a Comment