Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Water Bottle No No

So was playing around with this empty water bottle after watching one of the high schoolers play some excellent volleyball. You know just throwing the water bottle up and down, being really mature at this point. Dropped it on the floor. Bent down to pick it up... rather slowly as I'm a little sore from a workout class I did yesterday, but things were fine. Continue to throw around the water bottle despite my mistake of dropping it the first time. After about three throws, dropped it again. Here comes the good part. Man standing, looked like a coach of some sort, was talking to a couple of other guys about the game. I am moving (slowly) over to the water bottle I had just dropped as the man starts to bend down to pick up the bottle. Thinking he was picking it up to hand it to me I reach out my hand as he, never making eye contact with me, begins to crunch it up in his hands and turns around to go throw it away. I just turned around and felt like I had just been punished for throwing the water bottle around. Except for it was worse than being really punished because he never looked at me the whole time... like the water bottle dropped out of the sky.

Note to self, don't throw around a water bottle if you aren't prepared to move quickly to pick it up. And maybe I should start taking my invisibility cloak off when I'm out in public. It's a lesson to all of us wizards out there.


No comments: